Monday, September 21, 2009

YouTube

Last Sunday four people sent me something to watch on YouTube. It was a historic day! I realized friends and family have already forgotten about me. Yikes, I have not even left the country! There was no rhyme of reason to any of the videos: a strange man cracking open an egg--a double egg, Kayne West stealing a microphone from Taylor Swift (so celebrity!), a riot/party K.A.R. was a witness to over in New Zealand, and a police officer cheering for the University of Georgia right in front of Steve Spurrier's face. To be honest, two of videos were really funny and I have seen other laughable videos on YouTube (mainly imitating Sarah Palin on SNL) but most of them are long(er than one minute) and boring. They are practically movies, and what do I like to do during movies? That's right, sleep!

I simply do not understand YouTube. Maybe there isn't a point?! The thought of wasting six and half minutes of my life in front of a computer screen watching these videos and who only knows how long to find them kills me. Ahh, to be patient! How do you even go about finding a video on YouTube, declaring it a must see, and spreading it all around town? What are you searching for when you tread deep into the world of YouTube? The groups of people who gather around the computer screen at a weekend party or an office lunch break. That, to me, is the funny part! Whatever draws people to YouTube I am clearly missing out on. In all honesty, I am thankful this part of me is missing. Who has time for this?

Dispite my dislike and lack of understanding, I feel guilty if I completely ignore someones YouTube video request. It's like not doing your friend a favor when they ask. I managed to get through these videos in only two days time, and like I said earlier, they were relatively entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment