Friday, September 11, 2009

Recharging my batteries

In the past three and a half months I have visited eleven states and seen countless family members and friends. Instead of relaxing I have been hiking, volunteering, biking, driving, kayaking, babysitting, swimming, flying, and running. All of this has finally caught up with me. I am spent. Exactly two months from today I will board that dreaded plane and make my way to the lands of Lesotho. The nerves still have not kicked in and I am not really sure if they ever will. I am not really sure what to be nervous about. Ideas? Life is life no matter where you live it.

Tonight I finally looked at all the financial stuff. It does not seem nearly as daunting as I once thought. I prepared my press release statement and then realized there was not any paper I really felt tied too... so that seems like a waste. I also made a real list of everything I want to bring, and it is definitely more than fifty pounds. I guess I will learn to cut down when it comes closer to time.

I will just keep acting patient and dreaming of far off lands. Oh and learning to use my new complicated macbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment