Sunday, September 20, 2009

Chiefs n' Chopper

Today the Kansas City Chiefs lost to the Oakland Raiders in there home opener. I did not get to watch the game, and I haven't even read the synopsis. I did watch the ticker while I was watching the not at all exciting Washington Redskins game. I saw that with 2:00 minutes left the Chiefs were up ten to six, meaning it would take a Raiders touchdown to win. Maybe the Raiders had the ball and were working on a touchdown drive long before the two minute warning. I don't know. Even then, how do you let that happen at Arrowhead? You know if they score a touchdown, they win. Game over. Hold them to a field goal, please!

The loss to the Raiders is embarrassing. Tonight, I am wallowing in all my hopes and dreams for the 2009 season! I will forever be loyal to the Chiefs. But in the meantime I am taking my disappointment and fleeing the country! I will not see how the season ends until long after it has finished. It's probably for the better. One can only hope that in two plus years when I return the Chiefs will have a winning season!

Maybe I should not give up on this season, yet. I am confident M.L. has not given up on the Green Bay Packers, and he is dealing with a Packers loss to the Cincinnati Bengals at Lambeau Field. I am not sure which is worse. I am guessing the Packers loss was more of a fluke, and the Chiefs was probably more of a trend. On a night like tonight, it's just nice to know I'm not alone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm STILL dealing with that loss! How could Rogers and co. have blown it against the Benglas?!? If we lose to STL this week, I'll really have some thinking to do, especially since the MNF game against Favre and the Vikes is only a few weeks away. Don't give up on the Cheifs. But, that said, I'm picking Baltimore in my KO pool this week. How could I not?

    ReplyDelete