Friday, September 25, 2009

DWA

Apparently Asians have weak driving skills, who knew? My family has this running joke about Asian drivers. I am sure we are not alone. I have been trained to be aware of bad driving Asians! When an Asian makes a bad move on the road someone in my loving family usually shouts, "Driving while Asian" or more commonly DWA. The joke has gotten so out of hand this summer C.D. convinced ten year old cousin L that Asians were issued tickets similar to a DUI, only instead of being under the influence... they where opperating a car while being Asian. It is as though Asian was an outfit they put on this morning or something they ate. Cousin L believed C.D. so much we literally had to point out Asian drivers to prove it was not against the law and show him C.D. was in fact only kidding. Terrible, right?

When I am cruising down the road alone and someone makes a poor choice on the road I smile and think to myself Driving While: White, Black, Old, Young, With Glasses, Opperating a Cell Phone. I hope my poor choices are slim and never cause harm, but we all make mistakes. The joke is not all terrible: it prevents me from acting with rage, allows me to forgive others, and be thankful I am alive and still cruising!

No comments:

Post a Comment