Friday, September 18, 2009

Just Say NO

For the first time in my life I was really looking forward to relaxing, really taking advantage of living at home and having no financial obligations. I have been saying this all summer. It still has not happened. In my mind relaxing was going to be babysitting twenty hours a week and volunteering twelve. This was going to be bliss. I say was here because I have yet to babysit less than thirty hours in a week, usually averaging fourty plus (on top of the volunteering).  

Our sixth grade DARE programs taught us to 'Just Say No' to drugs, but what if my addiction is not drugs and instead is work (or the money earned from working). To give you an idea of my challenge, Monday I got sixteen different babysitting offers for the next two weeks. Mind you prior to these offers I already had twenty-five hours scheduled for both of the following weeks.  I only accepted three of the offers, if that counts for anythings.   In all honesty I should have 'Just Said No' to every one because I should be relaxing.  I did not.  That's not me.

This is my idea relaxing!  Who really wants to sit around all day and do nothing?  I have tried and I get bored super quick.  It is not in my personality.  So stop your fretting, I am going to be okay.    

1 comment: