Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sinful Life

In honor of the college football season starting up today I decided I am going to write about the best team in baseball, the Atlanta Braves. I have been an extremely sinful fan this season, only making it to one game... and living in a state that chooses to broadcast the Washington Nationals (as if they have a following). We all know the Braves have the biggest following in baseball, the city of Atlanta really rallies around the team. Okay, not really, but I sure do.

I made a compromise with the Braves. I decided I would make a pit stop at Miller Park today on my half cross country road trip. It was not really on the way per se, but it will be more than worth it. My end of the deal requires me pouring my heart and soul into being the best Milwaukee Brewers fan in the park, ensuring they beat the San Francisco Giants. The Braves simply have to win... win, win. If the Braves hold up their end of the deal, I will be sure to venture to Mile High Stadium to watch the Cincinnati Reds destroy the Colorado Rockies (which happens to be my final destination on this half cross country road trip.

You see, right now, the Braves are four games behind the Rockies in the National League Wild Card race, only three games behind the Giants. That is respectable heading into the homestretch of the season. I would just love love love to see the Braves make it to the playoffs before I leave for Lesotho (where I will sadly miss the next two seasons). How does one exist in a life without sports?

No comments:

Post a Comment