Thursday, August 30, 2012

Say Something #30

Headaches are an ongoing 'normal' in this chapter of my story, triggered by a variety of variables. These days I am better able to foresee oncoming headaches and as a result prevent the escalation to full-blown migraine. Tuesday afternoon, this was not the case, a migraine came out of left field and pounded away at my "critical mind" for 36 full hours. At one dramatic point, my entire body went numb... a stark contrast to the seething pain. (Oh... and totally scary!) My "wellness" perspective measures this migraine an average paragraph in length, however, there was no page flipping--I was forced to trudge through this trench. The story continued over the course of two rather unproductive workdays, with a post-work meeting on Tuesday.

As I climbed into bed on Wednesday night, knowing Thursday would bring a brighter day, I touched base with Latte Woman. In a mangled-attempt to simply show I am here, she gracefully relayed an identical message. I wanted to refute her. Stop thinking of me... and my silly headaches crazy woman. My temporary hiccup is nothing but a speed-bump. Invest your energy elsewhere. I cannot quite wrap my head around her--brave, beautiful, caring, fierce, and strong. How does someone with so much on her plate love unconditionally? This woman is in my inner circle for a reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment