Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Say Something #15

As 'funemployment' came to an end, I had to dissociate myself from baby E.R.G. among others. At the conclusion of my final afternoon with E.R.G., her work-from-home mom was prepping me for the joys of an office setting... like a cube was not enticing enough. One of the things she recalled missing about the office were water cooler conversations. You do not get those at home. Imagine that. So it took me quite awhile to understand what she meant... till today, in fact. How long have I been working? Four months. So. Not. Slow. In my defense, I spent the first month of employment locating the company water cooler. And when I did, I was most certain I was the only one who used it. (Actually… I am nearly certain this still stands). 

Well today folks was a mighty big day. I ran into one of the four semi-my-age-non-HR girls at the water cooler. Not only did we partake in a dialogue about this, that, the other… she showed me the ‘room temperature button’ on the machine. I often complain to Cube Neighbor Girl about the overly efficient water cooler. A new understanding--I may never work from home again. And voila! a problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment