Saturday, August 11, 2012

Say Something #11

Our return, near sunset boat ride from Annapolis, Maryland to Baltimore was rather tumultuous to say the least. And I think my parent's polar opposite reactions were worth every second of drama.

Mom: "Take me to land. I do not care how much it cost." Then later, once safe, on the verge of tears, admitted to thinking, "I want to elope with my daughter to New Zealand. I want to be one of S.K.H.'s 250." To give you some context, in the season of weddings, the two moms and three daughters spent a better portion of the morning comparing wedding notes. I guess my mom has no interest in M.J.H.'s dollar store wedding.

Dad: "This rain is diluting my vodka."

I felt entirely safe. The number rule of boating, in my book, is trusting your captain. And I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment