Friday, August 24, 2012

Say Something #24

This sign made my day:
The little people are just as important as the big people in my life. I look forward to conversation with munchkins the way I anticipate phone calls from long-distance friends. The beat is more spastic, yet the words are cherished equally. Thursday night, while C.R.M. and O.D.M. were feasting on their turkey burgers, my meatless diet came up. Unprepared, the situation spiraled out of control in a hurry. Before I C.R.M. realized the food on her plate had once been alive and O.D.M. was gobbling like a turkey. And then... my five-year old girl lost her hearty appetite. She was visibly distraught... though not to the extent her father would be when he heard the news!

It is not out of malice or disdain, I introduced vegetarianism to these children; I want them to understand and challenge what is presented to them. Though my eagerness, to put it nicely, to share new concepts and ideas with the impressionable is usually a good thing, it can also be a problem... when you recognize you are not the parent, nor the decision maker.

You can imagine my excitement when Father M added this personalization:
This sitter is still for hire.    

No comments:

Post a Comment