Thursday, August 2, 2012

Say Something #1

I miss writing. I miss writing bunches and bunches. And my 'lightly seasoned' working self is out to do something about it. I am challenging myself to write something, even if only a sentence, each day in August. Here we go...
  
I woke up exhausted after having nightmares. I overdosed on coffee... then marched myself to the office where I kept the lights off until I "came to" around 2:00 pm. Four months in, and I control the atmosphere. Surprised? I did not think you would be. My boss introduced me to some people in the late afternoon. Then I went about my business for the rest of the day, counting down the minutes until my pizza party with the neighborhood munchkins.

As luck would have it on the first day (of 30) to meet my goal--the one I set for myself--I would fail not only in getting a sentence submitted to the World Wide Web, I would fail C.R.M. and O.D.M., my five- and three-year old friends next door. Instead I wound up at dinner with grown-ups talking about work-y topics. Equally fun? Debatable. The night pretty much never ended.

So I was really happy when my alarm went off at 5:00 am this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment