Thursday, August 4, 2011

Relying on Research

If the research doesn't lie, the third of next month will be the last anticipated difficult day... let's not kid ourselves, couple of days, for quite some time. I am not ignorant enough to believe that rough days will become a thing of the past.

The unbearable July heat might have more accurately gauged my rage. August has a lot of potential on the horizon; several fun activities are planned to pass time while I continue to hunt for employment.
To start, the Atlanta Braves were in town for a three game series against the Washington Nationals. Had the Braves come out of the the series on top, maybe I would be more optimistic about the rest of the month? I had hoped spending the afternoon of the 3rd at the ballpark would make the marking of the 11 month bearable. Turns out, that is too much to ask for. I am trapped in a state where I constantly pretend to have fun. My enthusiasm for participating in activites I used to find fun is almost nonexistent. There are periods when time passes, only to realize, while reflecting, the particular day/event was pleasant, but there are many more that seem like a whole lot of work.
There is nothing worse than acting elemental--encouraging myself to smile, training myself to recollect how enjoyable these certain events used to be, and reminding myself to open up--unless you dare to label me as depressed. Seeing myself in this negative light is one ugly picture.

I have my work cut out for me.

This month "I will hold myself to a standard of grace. Not perfection." (Emily Ley)

No comments:

Post a Comment