Tuesday, August 2, 2011

E Squared Plus One

My first close friend has officially tied the knot--very exciting(!!!). The much anticipated, topic of conversation for the past seven months has come and gone in one mighty whirlwind weekend. I can't believe my high school calculus classmate is married. K.N.K. to K.N.F. Oh my! That won't sound right for quite some time.
The ceremony (and rehearsal, for that matter) were very emotional. The days leading up to the wedding were challenging enough; I felt there were no tears left in me. I am strong person, I can handle this! I thought I was prepared... until I saw my friend, the beautiful bride, balling, linked with her weepy father, walking down the aisle. In addition, her crying mother was sitting directly in front of us, the five sobbing bridesmaids.
I welcomed the entertainment after a couple of long days of nothingness. It was time to celebrate the love of these two individuals. Rehearsal Dinner. Reception. After pool party.
A quarter to five morning departure from Northern Virginia put me in Raleigh, North Carolina with a few minutes to spare before the bridal luncheon. With bellies full we were off to the Tucker House, a historic home in the downtown area, for four hours of decorating. Lacking all creative juices, I spent the majority of time unwrapping and cleaning glassware and picture frames to the beat of the Beauty and the Beast Broadway Soundtrack. The house had all of its finishing touches with half an hour to spare before the rehearsal, allowing the girls to refreshen up a bit. We ended the night with dinner at Midtown Grille. Proceeding a sleepless night was a 6:30 wake-up, or already awake, call. The last minute details and pampering took every second before the nine o'clock pictures, which took every second before the wedding, two hours later. After the reception there was an allotted 90 minutes for breaking down and packing out. Exhausted, everyone in the wedding party crashed for a late afternoon nap before rallying for a evening pool party. The final late night before an impossibly long drive home, thanks to heavy stop-and-go traffic on the wretched I-95.
Your wedding day came and went; may your love be eternal. I'm ecstatic for both of you, congrats! 

1 comment:

  1. Sammy,

    You look beautiful! Love the picture of you with the bride and the flower girl! Sounds like a really fun weekend.

    Cheers to the happy couple!

    :-) Meredith

    ReplyDelete