Friday, August 12, 2011

Go Team USA!

On Wednesday, my brother and I made the short trek to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for the sole purpose of catching the USA versus Mexico friendly. I have never, in my entire life, felt so incredibly alive at a sporting event. There is no other way to describe the energy in this stadium.
On your feet. Jumping. Bursting with pride. Cheering. Awash with spirit. Enthused.
The fans of Mexico dominated the crowd base; my estimation indicated they were four-fifths of the audience. They were the most amicable fans I have ever encountered at a sporting event. C.D.H. had his charm factor on high--impressing these fans with his knowledge of, obsession with, and love for soccer. Countering their cheers with his own Spanish skill set. Dios mio. Rojo. Bandera. Amarillo. Completely surrounded by these supporters, it was as though, at the end of the game, we had made close friends.
In the moment. Fully engaged. Living. Experiencing. Celebrating each minute of play. Riveting. 
We left, wanting more... craving this intensity... in awe of the athleticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment