Friday, April 29, 2011

Musical Therapy

My taste in music spans the board. I am open to increasing my musical palate with suggestions from others. Thus far I have been drastically influenced by both younger brothers steering.

Once completely Beatles obsessed, replaced by my undying love for moe. and Tea Leaf Green. Then there is support for my girls: Janis Joplin, Kelly Clarkson, and Lady Gaga. Phases in college included Bishop Allen, Ben Folds, Dave Barnes, and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Next to above mentioned interests these remaining bands all rank highly in my pleasurable listening list: Avett Brothers, Iron & Wine, Phoenix, The Shins, and Sister Hazel.

Then there are the particular songs by various artist that resonate with me and my personality. Songs like "Freckles" by Natasha Bedingfield, "All My friends Are Insects" by Weezer, "Sooner or Later" by Michael Tolchers, and "New Shoes" Paolo Nutini. These can be turned on at any time for a good sing-a-long session.

My brothers live and die for concert entertainment, and while I am all about a good concert too, I am not normally a [concert] seeker. I don't follow my favorite bands to the best local venues. When I do get a chance to go--I embrace the opportunity, it is not something that comes around every day.

The are some bands (or people) I would enjoy seeing live, namely Of Montreal. Be that as it may, last night Girl Talk was on the menu. Though the show was short and the opening act was weak, the overall "performance" was exhilarating. There was energy and lots of it to accompany the dancing, jumping, and singing. Whether the student, professor, or nanny, after a long semester that has consisted of mostly counting down maybe a little mashup was exactly the rejuvenating boost we all needed.

And possibly better than the show itself... was joining a crowd of women 10 years (plus) my superior who had moves!

No comments:

Post a Comment