Monday, March 7, 2011

Old Loves

While I'm at a loss for words I'm taking some time for picture posts, documenting the first sixth of this 'new' year.

These two have welcomed me into their home and allowed me to invade their territory far beyond the call of duty.
Rapidly growing A is a strong willed, intelligent, and an emotional little girl--only she's not so little anymore. Sigh. When I met her she wasn't quite a toddler, now she is a kid. I'm still comprehending and adjusting. I want to bubble wrap her to protect her from this (at times) cruel world.

She's passionate, a perfectionist. Her critical thinking blows me away and frequently annoys me. Where are the days when she fell for all my tricks? Now she doesn't even find me funny. Her competitive spirit can at times win her over. At five, she's far too capable. She's busied herself figuring out this world piece by piece. At the rate she is going she will have solve all of our environmental nightmares by nine.

Might I add, the most amazing big sister in the world. T, few are so lucky. I should be her role model... but she's definitely mine. If everyone showed half the love she does for her brother, there would be no need for peace promoting organizations.

I clearly have a lot to say about this one--well, turns out she's more of a friend. You're only as old as you act, and the two of us meet somewhere in the middle. But if I failed to mention how she smoothers me with kisses or gives hugs that can feel more like death grips I would be neglecting to share her affection.

Little T who thankfully is still little is the most adorable boy on two feet. He's loves to entertain, as long you don't let him know he is the life of the party. The boy worships music and dancing. Between all the performing he finds time to be a 'C-L-E-M-S-O-pause-N' fan or watch 'M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E.' He's all boy, belting out loud yelps of joy periodically throughout our time together. If only I could live with his contentedness and easy going lifestyle.

My favorite line from sweet T comes when he commands, "get it together!"
I might add as pound away their father came into report while watching their night 'viveo' T is sitting on A's lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment