Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm sorry

For those of you who are close to me you know how I tell stories. I start with an idea or an event and then you can expect to find at least fifteen different tangents along the way. And warning, if you interrupt... watch out--you can add a few more tangents to the list. Most of the time I do not even end up telling the story or making the point I set out to make. I am a talker by nature. So it is not that I ever have a good story to tell or want to inflict my ideas on you in anyway, I just need to think out loud. And you my friends are the beneficiaries! I could tell you I like the sound of my voice, but that would be an outright lie. Hearing myself speak terrifies me, especially when it comes across the message machine.

In accepting the way I tell stories I realize I blog in much the same way. I am spastic, choppy, I like to go dot, dot, dot, and I rarely have a point to prove. Blogging is another way for me to reflect on the happenings in my life. With all my friends a great distance away my social life is nonexistent these days. When I started this blog I was not sure what I was going to write about... but when I realized I would not be chatting with friends face-to-face I sure had a lot to tell the computer. All this to say I'm sorry, if you want to read along it will be much like hearing my stories (now with the added effect of terrible grammar--comma splicing, run-on sentences, hooray).

P.S. In this post alone I started a tangent about how blunt I am, my extreme sarcasm, how opinionated I am, and my idealism. I also started to write about how nice it would be to get a jump start on the Sesotho language because I think I am going to go crazy when my vocabulary is reduced from 200 to twelve words. I deleted these tangents from this post to allow you to look forward to another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment