Monday, August 24, 2009

A friend of a friend, Mike Love

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to a Beach Boys concert.  While the Beach Boys are no where near one of my top favorite groups, I thought it would be an experience and it was.  On top of having seventh row tickets to the show we got to go back stage and meet Mike Love, have our pictures taken, and get some autographs.  Lets face it, the guy could be my grandpa so I was really intrigued by the idea of a 68 year old man singing and dancing his heart out on stage.  He did not disappoint!  He is such an entertainer and puts on a really fun show.  If you do not mind being hit in the head with beach balls for two hours I think anyone could enjoy the show.  

To add to all the "excitement" it turns out John Stamos is a huge fan of the Beach Boys.  I guess I should have known that after all my years of being a Full House fan.  Anyways, he had the day off so he drove down from New York to Virginia to accompany the group.  You can just tell how much fun he has performing with the group.  Of course, we also got to meet him (and have more pictures taken)!    

During "Barbara Ann" we got to sing and dance on stage with the Canadian keyboard player.  That was probably the best part of the whole afternoon!  The fact that there is no sound on stage plus not knowing the lyrics made it a laughable experience!  Who knew Mike Love was a friend of a friend of pops?  Thanks Beach Boys for all you did for us!   

"All you need is a cool head and a warm heart" (Mike Love)

No comments:

Post a Comment