Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bring on the rain

There is nothing more motivating and exciting to me than a good thunderstorm! When it rains I am forced inside to tasks that are less than thrilling: finishing up a good book, going through my clothes, or catching up on sleep. Thunderstorms are one of the few things in life that actually slow me down. They transform me into a dreamer! I see myself drinking coffee (yuck) and reading thought provoking books (scary) on an oversized chair with the window open and my ears tuned to the sound of nature! Oh ideal life, come soon.

I always have thought it was so ironic how in the thunderstorms of nature we are often cool, calm, and collected but in the storms of life we are distressed, full of emotion, and put our minds on overdrive. A couple of my friends are going through difficult times right now. The way I see it is storms are always for the better... whether providing water for our plants or giving us time to reflect and re-evaluate.

No comments:

Post a Comment