Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bureaucracy at its finest!

The past month I have been living on the edge, my drivers license is expired and no state wants to claim me!  After several trips to the Virginia DMV most everyone knows me by name.  They also know my story.  

I want to share my frustrations with you:
1.  The Peace Corp is an executive branch of the GOVERNMENT, yet a reimbursement check from them (mailed to me at my VA address) does not count as a proof of VA residency.  
2.  The DMV is run by the government, yet one of there workers told me to grow up and get a real job.  Last time I check we were both working for branches of the government!
3.  My loving college roommate had the house payment and utilities in her name (preventing me from the ability to renew my South Carolina license).  
4.  Bank of America has gone online (yay, saving the world!), except I needed a monthly statement mailed to me.  Printing out an online statement with my VA address on it and having it notarized at the bank was NOT okay.  

The experience was unreal, to say the least.  I am thrilled to report today I was handed a temporary drivers license with a promise my VA license would arrive by mail by labor day!   

"Bureaucracy is the art of making the possible impossible" (Javier Pascual Salcedo)


No comments:

Post a Comment