Saturday, August 15, 2009

I'm REALLY excited!

I keep telling everyone I am so excited and ready for my upcoming trip to Africa. Truth be told I am no where near ready. I haven't bought a thing. I haven't packed a thing. I haven't visited each and every member of my family. The list goes on and on. I am super eager for the exploration to begin. Never in my life have I been so trilled to jump into the unknown, so when I say ready I mean ready to get out of America, ready to explore the southern part of Africa!

I have always been pretty, okay very, spontaneous. So when I discovered the Peace Corps early in college, I was "prepared" to drop out and leave right then. Heavily encouraged by the Peace Corps, friends, and family I decided finishing the next three and a half years of college to obtain a fancy piece of paper might be slightly beneficial later in life. So I did, I managed to finish college. All this to say I feel I have been extremely patient throughout this entire process. If I would have had my way I would be back from this adventure already.

No comments:

Post a Comment