Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Week After

The yearly marker will forever coincide with the birthdate of my father. (Happy--belated--Birthday Pops!)

This date is so incredibly sacred, therefore sharing it, is for the obvious reasons, tough. 

Though, sharing the date does positively frame a focus on life--rejoicing in another year for Pops, honoring the story of T.C.M., being thankful for my own. 

A week later I still do not know where I am at... besides at a loss for words. (That doesn't happen often!)

There were opportunities to be with company on the dreaded day. That, lacking all reason, did not feel right. The people with the ability to provide the most comfort were beyond reach. Engaged with my family in a full day of joint birthday and college football celebration was a second best.

And an extended weekend trip to The Big Apple to visit the backbone of much of my strength on this side of the world will hopefully rebound me right back to where I want to be.

The 365th day of this journey was not the destination. It was little more than a symbolic rest stop. This week has been an elongated pause at a scenic overlook--an opportunity to reflect on the distance traveled until now and refresh myself for the subsequent phase of the adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment