Sunday, September 4, 2011

Great-Aunt D

Eager. Comfortable. Strong. Courageous. Joyful. Displaying Dignity. Thankful. Confident. Loving. Simple. Gracious. A Passionate Fan. 
She rocked her menu as a visor--remembering each prop, beyond eighty, is not easy--to shield the sun at a recent outing to Comerica Park. Her knowledge of statistics, including height and weight, on every player blew me away. 

An enthusiastic Great-Aunt D had me laughing throughout the game, with exclamations like, "A hotdog and a beer, that's all I need!" Later adding, "I'm too excited. All I wanted was to go to the ball-game; I won't be able to sleep tonight."

The afternoon spent at the ballpark, in the presence of a rabid Detroit Tiger's fan, was the highlight of the recent Michigan trip.

1 comment:

  1. Aunt D looks so sweet! I hope when I'm 80 I am enjoying hot dogs and beer at a ballpark!

    ReplyDelete