Thursday, September 29, 2011

I do, I do, I do like Twitter

I live in NoVA, not on Facebook. I choose to tweet six times in one day instead of spending the equivalent in minutes on Facebook. The Twitter App is frequented on my phone while the Facebook App can not be found. This is all a matter of preference.

If you are my mom, you don't understand (Facebook or Twitter), and don't worry... nor did I for the longest time.

The drastic switch came upon multiple discoveries. First and foremost, I learned I can follow friends, athletes, restaurants--anyone--and no one is obligated to follow me back. That street goes both ways. [Big] Smile. My friends and I do not keep that up... through tweets I'm clued in on daily happenings from California to New York. I can stalk my favorite athletes--who already famous--demand even more of my attention. That is not actually me complaining. Their celebrity status grants them the privileged to spout ridiculously ramblings, whenever and whatever the occasion, while their fame makes the 140 characters strung together, most incohesively, interesting. Restaurants post deals and events; following the local bakery leads me to free cupcake(!!!) coupons. And did you know Twitter co-founder Biz Stone is vegan? Well he is.

Then there is the recent trip to New York City where my super-duper media savvy friend won me a ticket to a recording of The Daily Show via Twitter. She also knew where they were filming Law & Order: SVU, and that Broadway Stars were commemorating 9/11 with a singing of "New York, New York" in Times Square. And probably, that I should wear a raincoat and her carry an umbrella... before we even stepped outside on one particularly gloomy day.

An abundance of information accessed efficiently in a matter of seconds.

And very much like this blog--except not--my tweets tell bits of my story. There are plenty of days where I struggle to put words on paper, simply not in the mood for writing. These days are still part of my book, holding mini memories--restrained by character limitations.

I started tweeting at February's end. At the completion of each month I am going to post my twitter feed. Not so much for the audience, but to fill my need, albeit anal, to make this blog one all-encompassing tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment