Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Laughing Stock of Football

Clemson football is a joke! I am so thankful I was raised in the Big Ten, if only I could have been educated in the Big Ten as well. Yesterday the Clemson Tigers lost to the Maryland Terrapins. Does anyone know how bad the Terrapins are? AWFUL! The loss is embarrassing and I hope leads to some major revaluations during next weeks bye. Maryland lost to the California Golden Bears by 39 points. Granted at the time the Golden Bears were ranked 12th and the game was in California. The Terrapins hardly made an appearance in the game against the Golden Bears. They did not represent the ACC or themselves well at all. Okay, so the Golden Bears stomped them... but then they went on to beat James Madison University (JMU) by a field goal in overtime. Please reread that last statement. The Terrapins beat a 1-AA school on their own turf, in overtime, by a field goal. I'll stop because a win is a win (and it gets better). Moving on, Maryland loses their next two games at home. Before getting crushed by Rutgers (better known as "Butgers") from the Big (L)East they lose to Middle Tennessee State.

Now that I have hopefully convinced you how bad the Terrapins are you can understand the severity of a Tigers loss. Losing is nothing new for Tigers fan... but even the Tigers typically manage to pull out the easy wins. Not yesterday. Missed long field goals, little to no offense. I'm complaining. How can I avoid it? This was going to be the year, like the 5th plus straight year, I was promised an ACC Championship title. As of 4:08 PM on October 3rd Maryland was leading the Atlantic half of the ACC. If that does not speak for Clemson, it surely speaks for the ACC.

I'm sorry Dabo. I was excited to see T. Bowden go. Unfortunately, you have not shown me any promise. I am not jumping on any "fire Dabo" bandwagon, but I am all for turning this program around. This can not be sugar coated. Basketball anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Clemson football IS a joke! One that I, unfortunately, don't get :\

    ReplyDelete