Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blogging Blues

Can you really blog about what you want? No, not really. You always have to think about who might be reading that piece of writing the blogging world calls a post. I do not want to offend anyone on my blog. At the same time I want to be free to write about whatever comes to mind. I want to write about my opinions, the backwards place we call home, topics people think are taboo, and anything else that comes to mind. I wish I had all the answers to all the problems we have in this world. Then maybe I could take a problem/solution approach.  Instead I am left with another problem to which I am longing for a solution. Ehh.

On the other hand blogging has been a really good outlet. My friends are great outlets too but soon they will be even farther away.  Blogging also lets you get everything out without being interrupted. Plus, someday it might be fun to go back and read what was on my mind on October 25, 2009.  

I am not sure who reads this blog.  For all I know, no one does.  That might be better.  I hate this proofreading business.  I know, I know... I am failing miserably!  However, try to imagine if I did not attempt to proofread at all.  You would die if you knew how I spelled some words without the help of spell check.  I am just not comfortable in the writing department.  I probably never will be... so maybe I should get over this fear.  

Blogging is weird. It's like a journal, but it's not. I started this blog for the purpose of keeping everyone as up to date as possible in Africa. I got carried away and started immediately, arguing it was to make sure I knew how to publish a post or upload a picture.  I think those things are mastered (in the sense I can do them). How well? Not very.  The more I write, the more I worry.  I am extremely sarcastic.  Most of my ranting is sarcasm. I take the issues seriously, but not myself. I do not want to be taken the wrong way.  Tread lightly.  

Now I am left wondering if I will even keep this up in Africa. The negatives seem to outweigh the positives. I will probably continue to second guess half the posts I do publish. I am not forcing anyone to read this so I guess I should not worry. Post high school it's unlike me to truly be affected about others (minus the people I actually care about) perspectives of me. A very new and strange feeling... brought on by blogging of all things!  

No comments:

Post a Comment