Monday, October 19, 2009

How low can they go?

Yesterday, we stuffed the car with homemade wings and other tailgate goodies before heading to Fed Ex field to watch the Kansas City Chiefs take on the Washington Redskins. Going to cheer on a zero and five team, you do not have much hope for a win... especially after watching the Chiefs give the Detroit Lions their last win (oh, that is before the Lions beat the Redskins) less that two years ago. That being said, it was a delight to see the Chiefs actually pull off a win! I realize we probably beat the worst team in football. It's okay. I will remain a fan through thick and thin.


I definitely know why the Chiefs are now one and five. Matt Cassel was sacked four times in the first quarter alone. The offensive line gave him no time at all. There is a lot of work to be done. Props to one rookie, Ryan Succop... four field goals on a windy day! The thought of praising a South Carolina Gamecock. Disgusting.

How have the Redskins managed two wins this season? I'm amazed. They are terrible! When you can't get a first down it is hard to win a football game. When you rumble the ball, you excite the fan in me. You must play fairly or the yellow flag will be thrown. Your fans will begin to boo and again the fire in me will be ignited. Jason Cambell was replaced with Todd Collins (yikes) at the start of the second half. I had no idea Todd Collins was still in the NFL. He has to be older than my dad. What did the Redskins learn from this disaster of a game? That will not be determined till next week. The start: Jim Zorn will no longer be calling the plays. In my humble opinion, it is more than play calling that is costing the Redskins the game.

Thanks for the tickets, Mom and Pops. I truly enjoyed the uneventful farewell win. Chiefs n' Chopper.

2 comments:

  1. OMG - You and C look SO MUCH ALIKE in that pic. If he were a little older, I say twins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K.F.A. kept saying that while she was here! We all denied it, but you're right, I can totally see it in that picture!

    ReplyDelete