Saturday, March 13, 2010

Technology Troubles

Technology has never really been my thing. Luckily, I have always had someone at my fingertips to help me out. That is NOT the case in Lesotho. First the iPod died on the plane ride over here. Major devastation and definitely not the foot I wanted to get started off on. After two months, generous parents, and an American visiting another PCV the iPod was replaced. Then it was the phone, in part one and two. Part one of the phone was the battery. I told you the little boy cast a magic spell on it for the price of a dark dove chocolate square. Miraculously, it was fixed. Phone part two: no service. Not in my house, not at school, not down by the river. Nowhere. Except everyone else has service? The only explanation I can see is the phone. After two more months of waiting (May 6th) and the hefty price of 500 Rand I will have a new phone in my hand. Patience, my friends. NOW it is my computer cord. That is what third world electricity and no surge protectors will do. I plugged my computer into the wall and BAM, the cord was shot. Just like that in the blink of my eye. I am incredibly thankful it was only the cord and NOT the computer. I guess that mini surge protector on my cord works. Materials are all replaceable, in time and with money. Until then the blogs are going to be fewer and farther between!

If the camera goes next then life might not be worth living. I can't take it. This technology is giving me a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment