Thursday, March 11, 2010

IMPORTANT PACKAGE NEWS ALERT:

I know, I know, you hate being told what to do. You like to try things out for yourself, but in this case I might know best. I ask you to put stubbornness aside take my advice. I realize I am considerably younger than those with enough money to spend on packages, I have a lot less worldly wisdom, and my experiences are not as grand as yours.

However, my recent experiences might be enough to convince you:

Case 1: My dear friend J.M.S. sent a package at Christmas full of candy that never arrived. As much as I would kill for some candy, we both decided we hope whoever took it enjoyed it.

Case 2: Today I got a package from my grandparents. I opened it up to find a Russell Stovers heart. Oh boy, this is exciting! When I opened up the heart six candies were missing. Now I realize my grandparents are old, but even at their age I would be really surprised if they ate six and sent the rest. The package had definitely been opened and was then quite obviously stapled back together… which only leaves to me assume the postal workers enjoy a few pieces and decided to wrap it up and send the rest. I am not sure why they did not finish it off. I am even more confused as to why they left the chocolate covered caramel for me. Again, I hope they enjoyed what they devoured.

You can't make this stuff up. This is third world Africa. Please, please, please label your care packages EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL (pens, pencils, paper, books) and smear it with biblical phrases (Jesus loves you, God is watching, Jesus saves).

No comments:

Post a Comment