Monday, March 1, 2010

dad? Dad? DAd? DAD?

Dear Dad,

I love you lots. I miss you even more. And most of all, I thank you! The doctor came to visit me Thursday (02.25.10) and along with some shots he brought a centimeter thick stack of tax papers. It took me all weekend to convince myself to open the packet. Then it really sunk in that you are far away and I had no idea how to fill these obnoxious forms out. You are such a great dad! If I was not in the mountains of Africa I would just hand over the stack to you and in all the busyness of life you would take time for me and fill them out. Actually, there usually is not even handing over. I have never even seen tax forms. In the words of Nike, you just do it! Your little girl is grown up and she misses you tons. How much do you think it cost to fax a centimeter stack of paper to America? Not more than your love for me? Throw it on my tab! Thanks!

Love always, Your darling daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment