Sunday, March 7, 2010

Connectivity, what is that?

I made it six weeks without internet. It is strange to think back four short months ago when internet was a daily routine. Checking my email was something I did without thinking about it. Googling things I wanted to know more about was part of the norm. Being informed on world news and sports was all part of living in America. Even if you wanted to isolate yourself, most American probably know there was an earthquake in Haiti or that New Orleans won the Superbowl. I found these things out long after the fact. It's part of being so far away and it is part of the experience. Life here is so simple and very refreshing. I definitely wish I could update my blog more and I really, really, REALLY miss sports. If I make it through March Madness without scores at my fingertips, I can make it through ANYTHING. As pathetic as that sounds, please try to put in in perspective. Imagine your favorite thing being completely taken away for over two years (along with your family, friends, and all other things your parts of life that seem normal). Do you know how much football, basketball, and baseball I am going to miss? Ridiculous and rough!

I am pleased to report I am doing quite well. I feel well integrated with my community. I really enjoy spending time with the volunteers in my district. My cooking is getting better (or I am eating better by spending time with other volunteers). I suggest you read the posts in order of when they were written. I truly hope you enjoy the most recent 18 chapters on my life I uploaded for you this morning. It’s funny to go back and read them and see how much has already changed in this past month. My typical day is nothing like that it was around January 25th. I got another dose of mail on the 9th of February, which as always was fantastic. My original mail post was written on the 2nd and I decided against updating it. The story continues....

Happy, healthy, and safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment