Thursday, March 4, 2010

Gearing Up

Here I sit, it’s 5PM and in 9.5 hours I am leaving for a field trip with my school.
Last Thursday in a staff meeting I was asked if I would like to accompany the school on a field trip. “Sure, when?” Their response, “FriDAY.” All I know about the field trip is what time we are supposedly leaving and coming home and the name of where we are going (no idea how far away it is or where it is actually located). Leaving at 3AM is technically Friday, and returning at 10PM is also technically still Friday. Not what I had in mind, but I am here for new experiences. It also means I had to find transportation to the school because there was no way I was walking 45 minutes in the pitch black to my school. My students spent the night at school, but I was not really up for that since none of the other teachers were going to be there I mentioned my host mother is incredible. She is having her driver wake up and take me to school at 2:30AM. I am here to help and I feel like there is no way to ever repay them for all the favors they do for me.

I am trying to go in with a positive attitude, but public transportation in this country is usually a nightmare so I am preparing for the worst. I am preparing myself to be incredibly patient, understanding, and embrace my surroundings. I just finished a session of yoga and meditation (no lie, what is this country doing to me?). I am going to bed around 7PM to catch a few hours of sleep before a long day. I will be back into report soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment