Sunday, October 2, 2011

Under-18

C.A.H. feels he is underrepresented on the blog, or that C.D.H. is discussed more. I had thought the exact opposite since exactly half the time my web-story has been in existence I have lived under the same roof as C.A.H. Neither of us cared enough to sift through over 300 posts to settle our debate, and the new Blogger format makes it complicated to search. I will strive to incorporate him more.

Note to the younger-younger brother: We will absolutely have to spend more time than watching the last four minutes of Modern Family together over dinner to develop our story, unless you want me to share your childhood moments (refer to our favorite inside joke: Milky Way). I rarely get the approval of C.A.H. so I'm going to run with this high compliment (= he actually follows my ramblings)...

and celebrate his most recent run..
C.A.H. is under-18 on the cross country circuit(!!!). At the Glory Days Invitational he claimed a new personal record at 17:43. For the folks that means nothing to, it translates into three and one tenth consecutive miles at 5:43 pace. On the rainy, rainy, nasty, muddy, cold, rainy Saturday... he was having his moment. Being one of the greatest spectator courses he runs, I got to cheer from seven select spots--only managing to capture one photo; he is that fast.
Helping an exhausted team to a third place finish was exciting too. Part of me would not mind being unemployed in six weeks to see where the state-bound Raiders end up!

Strong and talented and speedy. He is my (awesome) little brother. And I am proud(!!!) of the accomplishment.

Run C.A.H., run. Close that gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment