Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Latte Joy

The world (or maybe just America?) has a national holiday devoted to coffee... I missed the memo, but c'mon everyday is drink-coffee-like-a-champion day. Further googling I learned February 27 is National Chocolate Cake Day, National Kaluha Day, and National Strawberry Day. (And all my life I had been convinced the only thing worth celebrating on this day was Uncle J’s birthday. Lame.) There is not a day without a food item to stuff your face with in ordinance of the holiday. Misewell stop writing menus immediately, there are daily celebrations to dictate your life. This is soooo ridiculously American, I can't stand it. 

The one exciting discovery in all the hoopla is July is National Picnic Month. I could be into that; I do love me some picnics. A mere nine months away there is something to look forward to--July 2012, and every July following, will be the month of picnics--I envision myself doing some serious picnicking in obscure places. Yes, it will be grand(!!!).

Beyond National Picnic Month, I will declare my own occasions along the way, and consider the possible expansion of National Coffee Day into a month, or everlasting holiday…

Onwards. I was discussing coffee... and how I devour a cup, or four, everyday--brewed in almost any way. At present, and most often, my preference is black iced coffee. I recommend a cup to finish the post--stop right here and go brew yourself one of choice--whether reading this in the morning, at lunch, or nearing midnight. I've established coffee consumption is a constant throughout my waking hours.

So you can only imagine my delight when a neighbor introduced me to her at-home latte tool. She enlisted my help in her new "sick-of-an-unhealthy-lifestyle routine." Her seeking my advice is a tad scary... little does she know how lazy the 34 days of rain has made me, not to mention my diet of soy milk and Oreos has gotten a tad out of control. At any rate, mid--rainy--run we were discussing eating habits when she casually mentioned she could not rid herself of her morning homemade latte.

Say what? I flipped out. And I made it crystal clear I had no idea this process could be done, quite easily, at home. She offered to prepare her speciality latte when we got home; I'm haywire at this point. Let's pick up the pace NOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I have coffee to attend to. 

The mug of joy she produced changed my life. Like a whole lot. I downed this latte as though I been tossing them back my entire life, instead of treating it as the delicacy it was. And as if I wasn't already going to dedicate the rest of my life to befriending this woman, on a sipping coffee from the front porch daily basis--she gave me one of her extra-fancy milk frother gadgets... to keep.
Now Brewing: Iced Pumpkin Spiced Vegan Lattes.

No comments:

Post a Comment