Friday, July 8, 2011

For Life, eh?

There is no pressure for me to be part of the disgusting rat race society forces college graduates to partake in. And I'm thankful I feel this way... because I'm still trapped.

The third of each month continues to be a major hurdle--getting to, through, and over. I have become good at slowing down and bracing myself for sleepless nights come that time. Let's be clear, this is NOT to say I do not think about the event or T.C.M. every single hour of everyday. No worries, that has not stopped going on. It's the third and around that time, the intrusive memories are particularly challenging.

With time my sleep pattern is improving, or it is becoming just that--a pattern. The night before, the night of, and the night after the 3rd of each month are usually troubling... with a few spastic early mornings or difficulty falling asleep sprinkled throughout the month. It's manageable. For the most part I feel like a functioning human again.

And whenever you get comfortable, life mixes the structure I worked desperately to establish right up. This time with a combination parasite and sleepless night attack. Three days of parasite funk--details I'll spare the audience of. It's unpredictable cyclical un-fun-ness! Throw that on top of six nights and counting with less than three hours of sleep; I want to pull out my hair, expect it already falls out at an alarming rate--thank you parasite.

The storms in (my head and stomach) NoVa have passed, hopefully leaving gorgeous hot sunshine for the weekend. Even in my most insomniac state I can handle laying out by the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment