Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bank Of American't

This morning during my routine monthly bill paying session I was alarmed to see a 12 dollar 'monthly maintenance fee' withdraw from my checking account. Twelve dollars? This is the first of what I expect is several to come. Joy, 144 dollars a year I.don't.have. Thanks to my pathetic status of unemployment, entitling me to a payroll monthly direct deposit of approximately zero dollars. I, already poor, will become poorer.

Do you know what kind of interest rate my savings account earned in this very same month: 0.0000529 percent(!!!). At least I know how to make myself laugh. Even I am old enough to remember the day when banks were picked based on interest rates. Both accounts linked at Bank of America, it's clear to me who the profiteer is.

Bank of America is "the nation's leading financial institution and home for all your financial needs," that is, if you are willing to pay exorbitant fees. Further research led to the discovery Bank of America suffered an expected nearly nine billion dollar loss in the 2011 second quarter. I'm using the word "suffered" very loosely. And the natural follow-up to that: why? In order to, according to the New York Times, "dole[d] out huge payments to settle legal claims related to it's troubled mortgage division."

Our beloved Bank of America messed up, made costly mistakes; we all do, except we hopefully right-the-wrong ourselves; they instead chose to leave you and me, the consumer, to pay. Literally. Tell me that isn't the best news you have heard all day; it topped my list.

I now worship the devil because that is all I can equate this corporation too.

No comments:

Post a Comment