Monday, May 9, 2011

A Plug

I try to leave my friends off my blog for their own privacy. This is simply too exciting to neglect!

My friends span the board with their talents--J.L.W. is a baker and amazing cookie/cake decorator.

When I departed for the Peace Corps I knew she enjoyed cooking but missed all the cues on her abilities beyond meal preparation. My access to internet was quite limited in Lesotho, leaving me only vaguely aware of her newly discovered passion. She mailed the cookie (below) across the Atlantic to itty-bitty Lesotho, quite upsetting I never actually received them because of the events of September.
In a world with too much distress these creature cookies could cheer anyone up.
After lots of encouraging her (and plenty of her own desire) to sell these... she has her first offer. Celebrate! Let it be known these cookies/cakes are not only adorable and fun to look at, they are delicious too. I am a proud consumer. See for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap. Those Africa cookies are insane! And I love the cute ones, too. :)

    ReplyDelete