Monday, November 1, 2010

A new beghaning

For the past two weeks I've had a mental debate going on about where to go from here. Do I continue my Peace Corps experience? If so, where? Or should I look into other options--say, grad school or a career? I was and still am near positive in that I want to finish. I'll spare you the details for reasons that would take a 1000 page novel to fully explain.

Now to Ghana, Namibia, or Tanzania? When I was applying to Peace Corps I thought it would be great to chose where you serve, instead of being 'called' to any one of the 77 Peace Corps countries. Carefully what you wish for. I ruled out Namibia for its almost identical characteristics to Lesotho, with the added bonus of the residual effects of the apartied and a huge descripency between rich and poor. I've been toying with Ghana and Tanzania for the past week. Tanzania this, Ghana that! A pro of Ghana, a con of Tanzania! Rich culture and music in Ghana, while Tanzania offers Mount Kilimanjaro and Zanzibar. Pros and Cons tells the story of S.M.H.'s time of decision making inbetween her two Peace Corps services.

I decided I was going to make a decision and stick with it. After all, there are pluses and minuses to life. I'm heading to Ghana with a clean slate, no regrets, and minimal comparisons to Lesotho! BUT, wait, don't get too excited because I have to go through ALL the medical and dental part of the application process. Yes, AGAIN!

If I don't make the cut I will begin the writing of a trilogy on my experience. Most. Boring. Story. Ever.

(The title is meant to sound cool, and is all the workings of the youngest H)

No comments:

Post a Comment