Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ghana are the days of Lesotho

I made it to Ghana! So far all my first impressions are positive. It's still Peace Corps, but it seems a tad more organized and stable. Heck, here they gave me a cell phone within minutes and access to free internet (at their office) on the second day. I also learned I can call America for a dollar per hour. That's incredible. With time send me your numbers because this go around, I'm certain I'll be phoning you. Yes, you heard correctly: the poor Peace Corps volunteer will be calling you.

It's lush, really lush and hot. Hooray! I had dinner with the acting country director, along with his wife and kids last night. Today, the doctor brought me fresh pineapple for breakfast so I could put something in my stomach and start taking malaria medications. I learned a lot about food in Lesotho, and the learning has begun here already. Pineapple is white, not yellow.

I should have the opportunity to meet some volunteers for dinner tonight. I am looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment