Wednesday, November 10, 2010

One host country national's opinion.

If I have one regret of the first half of my Peace Corps experience it's not taking enough notes. It's impossible to remember the daily laughs in full. Here is a story I have shared with several since returning and one I still laugh about.

My host mother's grandson, Letlasa loved watching movies on my laptop. It didn't matter if he'd already watched the movie 100 times, if the plot moved to quickly, or if the power was going to stop and interrupt the movie multiple times in one showing. One of his favorites was Fantastic Mr. Fox. Not being a huge movie person, and already having seen this one, I was going about my daily chores when he stopped me in my tracks. "These foxes live better than us!" he exclaimed.

I couldn't help but laugh at the truth behind this statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment