Sunday, October 31, 2010

Same Perspective, New Attitude?

Considering today is Halloween and I am back/still in America, the only chance of a good day was Kansas City Chiefs pulling off a win. This is especially true after all four of our family teams lost yesterday, all but one in ugly fashion. It would be a waste of life spending time refreshing your memory, should you have forgotten my distaste for the nonsense of Halloween day-turned-month-long-holiday forced upon us by our consumeristic society.

Back to the importance of today: a Chiefs victory. I wasn't nervous, after all they were playing the Buffalo Bills, and M.L. was finally confident enough to pick them in his pool. The game came down to the final seconds of overtime, much to my chagrin. As a result of my geographic location the sole play witnessed from the game was a highlight of a touchdown by the Bills. My confidence has not been diminished. I am still holding to my 12-4 prediction for the Chiefs this year. A win is a win.

My spirits were so lifted by this overtime win I suggested the family carve our two pumpkins. Oh and after watching over three hours of the worst football of my life (Redskins/Lions anyone?) it was time to get off the couch. C.A.H. and I gutted, carved, and lit the candles.
We even posed for pictures with our finished products. Yesterday I made my mom's costume, today I painted C.A.H.'s face! Is this what they call the Halloween spirit? I even helped hand out the candy. Simply watching my mom panic about running out of candy was worth the hour of time I devoted. Who cares? Look at the childrens stuffed bags of candy they won't be allowed to consume as a result of the strict organic diet forced upon them by their parents and send them running to the next house. I'd make a good witch.
I must admit the children were pretty adorable and happy. The giggling, imitating witches, and all the smiles are contagious.
As I type I can smell the pumpkin seeds baking in the oven. Halloween, this year you were not all bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment