Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mushroom Demonstration

Today at school we had a mushroom demonstration. A mushroom demonstration is just what it sounds like, a lecture on mushrooms. The lesson was actually taught in English, accurate, informative, and interesting. I just covered nutrition and I am going to start species diversity in my freshman science class so this tied in really well. The only problem I have is you can’t get mushrooms in this country, not in my district, not anywhere. I had to ask. The lecturers informed me they had not really thought about it, they get theirs from South Africa. Oh that is perfect, since most of my teachers (one of the highest paying professions in Lesotho) have not even been to the capital of Lesotho 6.5 hours away. That is how we do things in Lesotho. Here is this great (as in healthy) affordable food… that you can’t have. Enjoy (looking at pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment