Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Rocks

I really wanted to recap the fabulous trip to my alma mater, but the more I got to typing, the more I realized what I did while I was gone was not nearly as important as who I did it with! At the risk of being terribly cheesy, this statement is so incredibly true.

We laughed, cried, listened attentively, and counseled tenderly.

  • C.J.R.--You are not afraid to change your mind! You are so fun and full of life. You always come prepared with a good story.  Your ability to maintain relationships is admirable!  
  • H.C.O.--I am so proud of you!  You have the ability to take lemons and make lemonade. You are always thinking, planning, and preparing for the next thing... yet somehow remain in the moment.  
  • J.L.W.--You truly are one of a kind!  We are very different and much the same. You are a great counter to my loud personality.  You are an amazing listener, chef/cupcake maker, and incredibly intelligent.  I envy your ability to live and let go.
  • J.M.S.--You are not afraid to follow your heart.  You are more motivated and determined than anyone I know.  You are always incredibly put together and you have a heart of gold!  I truly believe you know who you are and have not let society sway you!
  • K.F.A.--You are an incredible friend!  You are organized and on top of life!  I love our shared envision for change in this world.  Stay level headed!  You are going to be a doctor for all the right reasons! 
  • K.N.K.--There will never be another person who shares my obsession with planet earth as much as you do!  You are extremely self confident, so down to earth, a regular Miss Independent.  Your relationship with your family is desirable!  
  • M.E.S.--You have the biggest heart of anyone I know!  You have an uncanny ability to make others happy!  Please, do something for yourself when you graduate!  
I get by with a little help from my friends (John Lennon)!  I am anxious to see where the next two plus years of life takes them.  Hopefully it will take a few of them to Africa!  One can dream!

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think!" (A. A. Milne) 

3 comments:

  1. Good title, great book. I like your post about me, if you want more readers I suggest more writing about me. Just a couple of days now, better start stuffing your face with fine american delicacies like Taco Bell and Waffle House. P.S. I will mail your a Pita from Pita Pit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm this was supposed to be for the post above. my apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I made the list! Although with the amount I complain I would expect people to say I take lemonade and make lemons. Anyways just read your last post ("I'm (mentally) ready") and you couldn't be more right! You are so ready and you always have been. This is exactly what you are suppose to do right now and again, I can't think of a better person for the job! I really really really really hope I can come see you in Africa sometime (and steal a little baby)

    ps I totally hate not being to text you. It's like now that I can't I probably think of short funny things to text you like five times a day. I'm gonna start writing them down and send them to you in letters.

    ReplyDelete