Friday, February 13, 2015

Jamaica: No Lotion Friday (Day 7)

Is it the last day of vacation that makes one fully appreciate all the days before? On Day 7, we all agreed we could use more days like the one we were living--time together, minimal planned activities, and good eats.

Following another sluggish run, I had the best breakfast yet: ackee and saltfish, a traditional Caribbean dish. And later, way later as the sun set before me one last time from our pool deck at Treasure Beach, a fabulous lobster dinner. In between I filled the time by the pool reading and swimming in the ocean. Boyfriend and I also made fancy cocktails with fruit we froze earlier in the week. I tried to relish in our last day together. As I'm writing this with a cup of coffee on Day 8, I can say I already miss our company. The time we had together was a such special occasion, one I will look back on for many years to come. I'm having trouble wrapping my thoughts around this week, not that I need to. The best I can provide is a sunset comparison. When skin is sun-kissed, spirits are playful, the breeze is warm, the water glistens, there is not a care in this world but to be present in that moment.
Sunsets are a time of perspective and reflection--two things I love--but I think there is more to it. The main reason I love sunsets is because the harsh, intense, rush of the day is over and a warm glow settles in that puts everything in a softer, more forgiving light.The pressure to perform wears away--what's done is done--it is time to reign things in and put the day to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment