Saturday, February 7, 2015

Jamaica: Day 1

I was up at 4:45 am for a shower, and Boyfriend and I were out the door by 5:15 am. We arrived at Reagan National via Uber and were in Jamaica a short four hours later, with a layover in Charlotte, North Carolina where we met Boyfriend's younger brother, D.M.B. Tiffany, our Mobay Greeter, welcomed us to Montego Bay after we deplaned and expedited us through Immigration and Customs. Boyfriend's parents were waiting for us at the Mobay Club. After a quick drink, we met our driver Kevin and were on our way southeast. We made several stops along the way, including one at Border Jerk for delicious jerk pork and chicken and festival. Festival is a wonderfully delicious dough ball, comparable to hush puppies. Hello, carbohydrate delights! We hopped back on the road to continue to Treasure Beach.
Jamaica surprised me! I am clearly unaware of my Caribbean geography. The country is lush, colorful, and full of character; dotted throughout were houses and stands to keep us company. Our drive traversed winding roads through jungle-esque groves, climbed up over a mountain, followed along  the coastline, and then down through valleys.  

The winding road got the best of me, and with about 30 minutes left in our drive I was feeling the effects of the road. We arrived just before 5:00 pm, and then I proceeded to empty the contents of my stomach all over the property.
When I restored myself to decent health, we further explored the house and property. After enjoying the sunset, we gobbled down a delicious dinner and we shortly off to bed--at the wild hour of half past seven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment