Sunday, February 8, 2015

Jamaica: Day 2

The second day was a slow one, after a long day of travel, I think we all needed it. I started the morning with freshly brewed coffee and a short walk on the beach. As our wonderful cooks prepared breakfast, I was able to read in an Adirondack chair overlooking the ocean. I'm still marveling in Jamaica's beauty. The colors and foliage are so pleasing on the eyes.
Lyric: Home for the Week
A breakfast of over easy eggs, toast, fruit, fried bacon, and fresh squeezed orange juice was served, and the meal in its entirety was delicious. I'm not hard to please at breakfast. And following breakfast, we got our lounge on in chairs by the pool, the soundtrack of the ocean playing in the background. I nearly wrapped up Amy Poehler's Yes Please as the day passed before me. An afternoon rain rolled in and we took the time to munch on lunch and play cards. Afterwards we strolled through the town, winding up at Jake's for fancy drinks. My piƱa colada--topped with a cherry--was heavenly. Figuring I had started, I spent the rest of the afternoon sipping M.R.B.'s sangria and anticipating our lobster dinner. The meal did not disappoint.
This is sort of a dream vacation, in that I'm generously being treated to a trip I would have otherwise overlooked. It's dreamy in that I'm outside from the moment I wake until I call it a day, living for good food and sunsets. I've been rising shortly before 7:00 am and find myself heading to bed some thirteen hours later, happy and at ease.  

No comments:

Post a Comment