Sunday, September 7, 2014

Louis and Toby and Me

This weekend I exercised and relaxed, kind of, while hanging out with my two favorite Bassets Hounds, Louis and Toby. Do you know what’s great about these two?  They’re always ecstatic to see me. And while they welcome me with open arms and have become my biggest fan, the barking and jumping and playful racing does not necessarily lend well to manners. So the fact that Pops was fielding a birthday call from his hard-of-hearing mother when I walked in the door on Wednesday night didn’t matter. Their third amigo was here for an extended play date. It was party time. The first time I walked in the door. And anytime I returned from anywhere after that. The excitement level remained consistently elevated throughout my weekend stay.

So all weekend we partied, in the form of early feedings, excessive cuddling, and long walks. 

And here’s the two of them passed out at the respectable hour of 8:00 pm after a successful day’s play. 
The thing about these two is they never make you fail to feel better after spending time with them. I have the above selfies to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment