Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fall TV Line-Up

To the dismay of several, the only show on television I'm entirely loyal to is Dance Moms. I do not miss an episode, even when I'm four episodes behind, as is the current case. Abby Lee Miller infuriates me, but I adore Chloe so much I'm unable to remove myself from the dysfunction that is Dance Moms. I have also been watching this show from the start. And most everything I start, I finish. Because I don't quit, even what's unhealthy. To the best of my ability, I try to watch Dance Moms when Boyfriend is not around. We share one TV, and while he's more than willing to watch and discuss, I can tell he's only being nice; Dance Moms is not his favorite show.

When I got home from work on Friday, I had an hour to myself before Boyfriend walked in the door. I threw in a load of laundry--hello, productivity--and immediately selected Dance Moms from the On Demand menu. As mentioned, Dance Moms has deteriorated in quality. While I used to watch solely for the dancing--hello, eight-year-old talent--I watch now as a way to remove myself from reality; this show clears my head like nothing else. I'm still mesmerized by the dancing, however, not as enthralled by the inevitable amount of drama to arrive at each performance.

It's partially true that I don't otherwise have time for TV. It's more true that I simply don't prioritize TV. I've opted out of--mind-boggling expensive--cable, in lieu of adventure. The downside being obvious: There is no ESPN--airing full-time, nor do I get to start my day with MSNBC's My Morning Joe.

That being said, I enjoy keeping up with Teen Mom and The Biggest Loser. I'm not upset when I miss an episode, though I do a fair job following these shows. The laundry has to be folded at some point, and there's no better time for that, than while either of these shows are streaming. Of note, without my beloved Jillian Michaels, The Biggest Loser--two episodes in--is not holding my interest nearly as well. We'll see if I persevere.

On a happy note, in the fall television department, Heidi Klum is back on Project Runway, lending itself to all kinds of wonderful things. While I haven't actually watched... yet, I will. I'm overcoming a battle with sentimentality. I enjoy Project Runway most when viewed with my mom. And... well... it's never that we watch TV together these days. So I'm about nine episodes behind, but whatever. If you have time to fill, sit yourself down for some Project Runway, then head over to my place--the apartment could use a major scrubbing. You can also fill me in [on Project Runway]!

Boyfriend and I are also watching House of Cards. We're nearing the end of the first season. This show is significantly heavier than everything else on my line-up and is usually reserved for 'bulk weekend watching' on the off chance we're in town and not busy. It's worth your time. Though, I'm partial to it being set here in Washington, D.C.

And, last, I stay current by watching Nightly News with Brian Williams every night of the week at 7:00 pm ET. Furthermore, I "catch" Boyfriend catching The Soup for everything pop culture at least once a month.

There you have it. What, may I ask, are you watching?    

1 comment:

  1. We are anxiously waiting for the next season of Newsroom to start in November!

    ReplyDelete