Monday, October 27, 2014

A Weekend Recap: R.L.P. Visits

The title of this post is slightly misleading. This isn't a weekend recap at all. If I recapped my weekend, I'd bore you to tears. And chances are, my action packed recounts already do that. As the recaps go by, I realize more and more how little people might care about what my weekending entails. I get it. But I keep posting because this lingering blog here, without a true focus, needs words (and pictures!) to keep it alive.

Friday night, having forced myself to keep my calendar open the majority of weekends going forward, I was free when a friend made an unannounced visit to town. My friends and I met after work at Rocket Bar for a couple rounds of pool and cocktails.

(Is it just us in Washington, D.C. with the luxury of such flexible Fridays? I find it an unlikely chance in other cities that six friends are free of work obligations at 4:00 pm at the end of the week. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me we're spending tax dollars wisely.)

When hunger struck, we headed to Hill Country Barbeque for dinner. This has been on my DC Bucket List for awhile now... and I'm glad I finally made it there. The brisket was superb, for those of us in the market for a Friday night of over eating. I will definitely go back. The meat was even better than my favorite local barbeque establisment, Rocklands, though Rocklands still takes home the prize for their heavenly sides, the macaroni of which was served last night at S.D.G.'s Sunday Night Football party--delicious.
Photographic evidence of me being free for spontaneous fun on a Friday night.
Then it was time to catch Game 3 of the World Series. We migrated to Penn Quarter Sports Tavern for viewing. And the minute I sat my overstuffed stomach down, I knew my wild and crazy night on the town was going to be short lived. I made it through the fifth inning before catching Metro home. This had me in bed before midnight, a personal preference.

I woke up to good news: The Kansas City Royals pulled off their second win of the series, hooray. As goes with sports, they wound up blowing both games on Saturday and Sundays, leaving them a game back. Based on the Royals' performance in the Post Season, I still have a faith. If the Royals win, I'll celebrate as if they've been my team all along because I'm not certain to see the Atlanta Braves in a World Series, let alone win a World Series, anytime soon. I'm trying to remain as neutral a bandwagon fan can. I effortlessly find disappointment cheering for my actual team during multiple points in a season. I don't need 'bandwagon blues' added to my woes. Forget the realist in me, GOOO Royals!

Trying to keep the agenda free and my emotions in check... to winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment