Sunday, June 23, 2013

(Wet and) Wild Day, Sunday Edition

My 'Sunday code' was shattered.
  • I learned how to swim while biking when an un-forecasted heavy morning rain storm came out of nowhere and flooded the Custis Trail. 
  • I went out on a Sunday past 4:00 pm to rekindle a friendship with S.N.L., a fellow cohort from the Peace Corps days. I usually call it quits from all planned activities around this time on Sunday. It is a 'school night' for this working girl... and with a full week of accountability ahead of me, I function best when I start off with at least eight hours of sleep.
  • I dined out for lunch and dinner at two new places--Red Rocks and Galaxy Hut. That is my cap for the week; I spent those meal tickets early. 
  • This afternoon I was in search of lemonade to satisfy an intense craving. I settled on unsweetened--thou must clarify South of the Mason Dixon line--ice tea after three failed attempts. Notice to Washington, D.C. food establishments: Tis the season of lemonade.
There you have it, my version of a (wet and) wild Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment